Apartment’s Makeover With Evernest
Find the inspiration for your apartment from these imposing ideas.
We’re about to break down the cost of furnishing an apartment from scratch. But first, some real talk. You’re probably thinking, sofa, TV, mattress — easy! Shouldn’t cost more than a couple hundred here and there. The truth is that you need more than just these three items to live an adult life. How your home is set up has a huge influence on your lifestyle and social life! A truly upgraded and adult space should have a few more furnishings, such as an armchair, a coffee table, a dresser, sturdy and stylish dining set for entertaining to feel like a home. But we’ll cover essential and bonus furnishings in a bit.
Cost Of Furnishing VS Your Budget
The cost of furnishing the entire apartment or house varies a lot based on room sizes and your personal style. Nevertheless, everyone can get a nice home in a reasonable budget.
Cost Breakdown of furnishing your living room
Here’s a breakdown of essential living room furniture (sofa + coffee table + floor lamp) and their typical retail costs. Remember, this is brand new furniture directly from the retailer.
- ITEM ONE. Sofa + Accent Chair, or Sectional Sofa:
- Your layout determines which item you need.
- If you have a wide living space, use a 3-seater sofa and an accent chair to create a conversational seating arrangement. Generally, people don’t like to sit next to each other in a sofa even if it’s a wide one. Therefore, adding an accent chair opposite to the sofa will create a conversational environment. Try mixing different fabrics/textures to make the setting more intentional and ‘designer’.
- Otherwise, if you have a small living space, use a sectional sofa. Remember, the smaller the space you have, the fewer pieces of furniture you should have!
- ITEM TWO. Coffee Table:
- How do I choose a coffee table?
- A coffee table provides a necessary surface area to place drinks and snacks. Many coffee table designs have additional storage. Try to use as much multi-functional furniture as possible!
- Keep in mind that cost will increase as the piece shows more style and function. If you’re excited about multi-purpose furniture, look for lift-top coffee tables that become workstations or dining tables.
- Another thing to keep in mind for multi-purpose furniture is that most people get lazy in changing the configuration of the furniture, so make sure your multi-purpose furniture is easy to change into its different purposes.
- ITEM Three. TV Stand:
- For small spaces, a TV stand can be the only storage piece you have. Because of this, invest in one with ample storage compartments.
- However, if space is really limited, do without the TV stand. Get a storage coffee table instead and mount the TV onto the wall.
Let's Find You Together the Place You Deserve
We have Corporate Tie-ups with major Hotels & Hotel Apartments in the City , so all kinds of serviced homes you need, under one roof.